We earn no income from this Adoption Information Portal – we do it for the love of happy endings so please tell us about yours! Email us at email@example.com
With the help of now parents of adopted babies, we have compiled a list contact people and places that may be able to assist you in finding your little bundle of joy.
There are not as many white babies available for adoption in South Africa as used to be the case year ago. This is as a result of two reasons, primarily; the abortion laws in South Africa allow minors to seek an abortion without the consent of their parents and teenage and young pregnancy is not regarded with the same social embarrassment as was the case in previous generations. There are however many black babies desperately in need of homes and parents in our country. Contributing to this is:
- The high AIDS death rate in South Africa which leaves so many orphaned children and babies
- And an increasing number of AIDS orphans whose parents are either deceased or too poor or ill to look after them
Remember that if you have not made contact with all the possible agencies, social workers and welfare organisations possible, how will anyone know that you are looking for a child to adopt? Be proactive!
Online Adoption Contacts:
- ZOE COHEN – Adoption Accredited Social Worker – Tel: (011) 883-7997. Cell: 082 554 0625. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ADOPTION SA – Joan Nathanson – Accredited Social worker and international adoption – Telephone: (011) 784 2412 / 341 0687/ 084 4663790 Email: email@example.com
- ADOPTION SA – Sheri Shenker – Accredited Social worker and international adoption – Telephone: (011) 784 2412 / 341 0687/ 084 4663790
- ARISE ADOPTIONS – Cape Town
- ADOPTION – Provides detailed information needed to make a potentially life-altering decision: to either place your child in adoption or to become an adoptive parent.
- ADOPTMOM – Terri Lailvaux- A counsellor specialising in adoption. An adoptive mom to 6 year old Alex. An Author of the Greatest Gift – a childrens story book about adoption.
- TRINITY HEART – Adoption and Resource Portal -Trinity Heart is a labour of love, born from a passion to offer encouragement and support to those travelling the adoption journey. Comprehensive advice, support and a list of adoption resources
- ABBA– Tel: (012) 3437721/1 021 913 8224 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BETHANY HOUSE TRUST – Tel: (011) 660 2763 Email: email@example.com
- CATHOLIC WOMANS LEAGUE ADOPTION SOCIETY – Tel: (011) 618 1533 / 083 309 0740 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Child Welfare South Africa – Tel:(011) 4922888 Email: childwelfaresa.org
- CAPE TOWN CHILD WELFARE – Tel: (021) 63 83127. Email: email@example.com
- JOHANNESBURG CHILD WELFARE – Tel: (011) 29 88500
- PLANNED PARENTHOOD ASSOCIATION – Tel: (011) 634 1500/ 082 6425647
- GAUTENG CHILD WELFARE – Tel: (011) 49 22950/6 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SHEPARD’S KEEP – Tel: (031) 46 66106 Email: email@example.com
- DURBAN CHILDRENS SOCIETY – Tel: (031) 31 29313 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PINETOWN HIGHWAY CHILD AND FAMILY WELFARE SOCIETY – Tel: (031) 701 3288 Email: email@example.com
- PHOENIX CHILD FAMILY WELFARE SOCIETY – Tel: 031 500 3671 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHILD WELFARE ADOPTION CENTRE – Tel: 021 638 3127 Email: email@example.com
- REGISTRAR OF ADOPTIONS: Department of Social Development Tel: 012 312 7593 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
- AFFILIATED BUREAU FOR INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL SERVICES – Tel: 012 312 7790
- ACVV Adoption Services – Tel: 0210 461 7437
Love Without Boundaries Foundation
Love Without Boundaries Foundation began in 2003 after a group of adoptive parents came together to help save the life of one tiny boy in China.
Learn more about how LWB is touching the lives of thousands of children… one life at a time!
Mission Statement: Love Without Boundaries Foundation is a worldwide group of volunteers dedicated to improving the lives of orphaned and impoverished children in China.
We provide humanitarian aid in five key areas : Education, Foster Care, Healing Homes, Medical, and Orphanage Assistance – enabling children to receive families through adoption or to become self-sustaining members of their communities. http://www.lovewithoutboundaries.com
Do you want to help change the lives of children in China? We believe that there are many ways to get involved, and all are important. Some people choose to give their funds, some their time, some their talents, and still others their prayers. We are so grateful to everyone who supports our work.
The Greatest Gift.
Written by adoptive mom, Terri Lailvaux, this children’s story book explains how and why adoption takes place. It is aimed at adopted and biological children aged 2 to 7 years. The illustrations depict different coloured animals which allows the reader to translate the story into any multi-racial or other variation of family. The book is available immediately in English and Afrikaans as well as Xhosa, French, German & Italian (On demand). It is available at R 150 directly from http://adoptmom.co.za/products/ or Kalahari.net
Raising Adopted Children by Lois Ruskai Melina
Twenty Things Adopted Kids wish their Adoptive Parents knew by Sherrie Eldridge
Secret Thoughts of an Adoptive Mother by Jana Wolff
Adoption is a Family Affair by Patricia Irwin Johnston
Mommy did I grow in your Tummy? By Elaine Gordon (ages 6-12)
A Blessing from Above by Patti Henderson (ages 4-8)
Brown Like Me by Noelle Lamperti (ages 4-8)